Valid to 31 March 2021
All rates in New Zealand dollars (NZ$) and include GST (sales tax).
Motorhome pick ups and drop offs are available from any of the Pacific Horizon Client Service Centres, located in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.
CLIENT SERVICE CENTRE OPERATING HOURS
Daily (including weekends) 8.00am - 5.00pm.
Client Service Centres are closed on Christmas Day (25 December).
Note: Clients must be at the Client Service Centre for vehicle pick ups & drop offs before 4.30pm.
Where applicable, agents need to allow appropriate time for clients to get from airports, ferry terminals and hotels to meet this requirement.
Courtesy transfers are available to/from our depots on both the day of pick up and the day of drop off, from/to Airports, Ferry Terminals, or City accommodation points. These details should be confirmed as early as possible when booking.
ONE-WAY HIRE FEES
If you drop off your motorhome at a different location from where you picked it up from, a $300 one-way fee applies.
MOTORHOME PICK UP AND INTRODUCTION
Following completion of the Rental Vehicle Agreement at our depot, including sighting the drivers license(s) for all potential drivers, a member of the Pacific Horizon team will walk you around both the outside and the inside of the motorhome to show and demonstrate how everything works, as well as to answer any questions you may have.
A detailed onboard Motorhome Manual is also supplied for your later reference, along with helpful travel information and/or maps - all FREE of charge.
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE FOR HIRE
The following additional equipment items are available for hire, and can be confirmed and paid for either at the time of booking or on the day of pick up:
- Picnic table $30 per hire
- Picnic chair $15 per hire
- Baby/Child car seat $35 per hire
- Snow chains $50 per hire
- Bike rack $150 per hire
- GPS Unit $6 per day (min charge of $60 / max charge of $150)
- WiFi $35 for 1 GB / $65 for 5 GB / $120 for 10 GB
- Additional linen set $30 per set (sheet, pillow case, duvet cover)
VEHICLE INSURANCE COVER
All Pacific Horizon motorhomes come with comprehensive Insurance cover which insures against recoverable 3rd party accident damage, theft and break-ins (excluding personal belongings).
An excess of $5,000 (per incident) applies in the event of any damage to either the Pacific Horizon motorhome or to 3rd party property.
Multiple windscreen and tyre damage is covered in all policies, as is overhead and under-body damage on the rented motorhome. A credit card imprint only (no money held or transferred) will be taken on motorhome pick up. The security can be covered by cash, travellers' cheques in NZD or a credit card.
If the insurance excess and the Vehicle Security Guarantee are covered by credit card, the amount will NOT be debited to your account and will only be done so in case of an accident.
We retain the right to hold these details for 28 days after the hire.
Pacific Horizon offers the following options to reduce the excess of $5,000:
- Street Smart Excess Reduction 1: $29 per day (added to the daily hire rate)
Reduces the excess for any damage to either the motorhome or third party property to a maximum of $2,000 (per incident). The total insurance charge is limited to a maximum of 50 days or $1,450.
- Freedom Plus Excess Reduction 2: $39 per day (added to the daily hire rate)
Reduces the excess for any damage to either the motorhome or third party property to nil ($0) for the first incident/accident. The total insurance charge is limited to a maximum of 50 days or $1,950.
- All Inclusive Package: $55 per day (added to the daily hire rate)
Reduces the excess for any damage to either the motorhome or third party property to nil ($0) for the first incident/accident. Plus the following Additional Equipment is supplied at no charge as requested: Picnic table & chairs, Child/Booster seat(s) as required, Snow chains, GPS unit.
EXCLUSIONS TO ALL INSURANCE COVER OPTIONS
Any damage due to misuse or negligence to the motorhome interior and its fittings such as but not limited to roof vents, satellite dishes, locks and catches, outside step, grey waste cap and power cord is excluded from any insurance option.
VEHICLE SECURITY GUARANTEE
A credit card imprint is required on all rental agreements. The credit card must be valid for 28 days after the end of the hire. In the absence of a credit card, Pacific Horizon requires a cash vehicle security bond of $5,000 ($2,000 if Street Smart Excess Reduction is taken, or $250 if Freedom Plus Excess Reduction is taken). This credit card imprint or cash will be held for 28 days after the return of the motorhome.
NOTE: The hirer is fully liable for any damage to the Pacific Horizon motorhome or third party property if:
- The terms of the rental contract are breached.
- Damage to the motorhome is caused by careless, wilful or reckless driving or breach of any New Zealand driving rules or regulations.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving on restricted roads (as listed below).
- Water submersion or salt water damage caused through the hirer's fault.
- Incorrect fuel is used.
MINIMUM RENTAL DURATION AND COSTING
The minimum rental period and cost is a 7-day hire. This is extended to a 14-day hire for the travel period of 16 December to 10 January.
Shorter rentals may be accepted entirely at the discretion of Pacific Horizon, but the minimum rental cost applies.
Motorhome rentals are calculated on a per calendar day basis, i.e. day of pick up and drop off is always counted as a full day irrespective of what time the motorhome is collected or dropped off.
LONG HIRE DISCOUNTS
Long hire discounts are available for motorhome rentals of greater than 20 days.
EARLYBIRD BOOKING DISCOUNTS
Confirm your booking with us 120 days or more in advance of your pick-up, and we'll give you a 3% discount off the daily hire cost of your Pacific Horizon motorhome.
Applies to all vehicle models, to all pick-up and drop-off locations, and for new bookings only.
DRIVER'S LICENCE AND MINIMUM AGE
A valid full national driver's licence is required. Non-Engliish language national drivers' licences must be presented in conjunction with an official translation, or a valid international driver's licence must be shown.
The minimum age to drive a Pacific Horizon motorhome is 21 years.
- Roads: Pacific Horizon motorhomes can be driven on any sealed/bitumen or well-formed gravel roads.
No vehicle is to be driven on the following roads:
- 90 Mile Beach, Northland
- Colville Township to Port Jackson, Coromandel
- Ball Hut Road, Mt Cook
- Skippers Canyon Road, Queenstown
- Animals: No animals are permitted in Pacific Horizon motorhomes, with the exception of guide dogs, subject to the approval of Pacific Horizon.
- Smoking: No smoking is permitted in any Pacific Horizon motorhome.
Minor repairs (when the hirer is not at fault) up to $100 may be made without authorisation and will be reimbursed upon production of an itemised receipt. Amounts above $100 require approval from Pacific Horizon On-Road Care, and clients must retain an itemised receipt.
All Pacific Horizon motorhomes must be returned with:
- A full fuel tank of diesel, that has been filled up within 3 kms of the drop off location. Refuelling at our Client Service Centre will be charged at current rates per 1/4 tank plus an administration fee.
- An emptied toilet cassette.
- An emptied grey waste water tank.
Charges will apply if the motorhome is dropped off at a location other than that which was agreed upon.
PAYMENT TERMS AND CANCELLATION FEES
A non-refundable deposit equal to 10% of the total cost of hire (with a minimum deposit of $250 and a maximum deposit of $1,000) is required to confirm a booking. The balance of hire is due 28 days before motorhome pick up, unless otherwise arranged.
Cancellation fees, charged as of the date of cancellation, are as follows:
- If cancelled 26 days or more prior to motorhome pick up: No charge
- If cancelled 25 - 8 days prior to motorhome pick up: 20% net price charged
- If cancelled 7 - 1 day prior to motorhome pick up: 50% net price charged
- No show or cancelled on the day of motorhome pick up: 100% net price charged
If a motorhome is returned early for any reason whatsoever, no refund is available.
AMENDMENT OF HIRES
Once a booking is confirmed, any changes made that may shorten the hire will not be entitled to a refund.
Changes to dates and/or locations may attract a relocation fee.
SUBSTITUTION OF VEHICLE
If, for reasons beyond our control, the reserved motorhome is not available, Pacific Horizon reserves the right to substitute a comparable or superior motorhome at no extra cost to the client. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the renter to any form of refund.
CREDIT CARD FEES
We accept Visa or MasterCard, with a 2.0% fee applying for the rental and any additional equipment hired if payment is made with either of these credit cards.
TAXES AND GOVERNMENT CHARGES
All charges include 15% GST.
All rates and conditions are subject to change in accordance with changes in government taxes.
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed the following Privacy Principles in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and store personal information.
- We collect information from you when you interact with our website, our booking process and/or when you input any details as part of using the Services we provide.
- Before, or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which that information is being collected.
- We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it is collected.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information is accurate, complete and up to date.
- You have the right to request access to and correction of any personal information that we hold about you.
- You have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
- We will take reasonable security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft, or any unauthorised access, disclosure, use or modification.
- We reserve the right to disclose personal information to the Police or other agencies for the purpose of law enforcement or the investigation of a crime, if we consider it is in the public interest to do so.
Rates and conditions may be subject to change. Whilst including the same facilities, some motorhomes may have different layouts to those shown. All measurements and volumes shown are approximate. The information provided on the website is subject to change without notice.